OK, here goes with the, "5 Things," meme. I was tagged awhile back by Frank at iFlipFlop to do this meme, but the holidays and Mom's illness slowed me down a bit.
1. I love to travel, but I'm a terrible homebody. Coming home from somewhere (the mall, a party, a vacation) is one of my greatest pleasures.
2. I'm in a bit of a transition period right now, so home doesn't exactly feel like home. I'll probably buy a house sometime in 2007.
3. I'm generally pretty quiet. When I'm home alone, I don't often have the TV or the stereo on. I love music and I love entertainment (I'm going to see Trans Siberian Orchestra in AC tonight), but it usually just doesn't occur to me to make noise. Can't someone invent a truly quiet washer/dryer/dishwasher/heater that's affordable to the masses? One thing my new home is likely to have is a separate laundry room, hopefully far from the main living area!
4. My current digs won't allow dogs, but cats are allowed (for an additional monthly fee). I love all animals, and I had a chance to adopt a kitten on Christmas Eve, but I'm allergic to cats. Another reason to buy a house soon!
5. I doubt very much that I will live in New Jersey after I retire. New Jersey has become crowded, traffic-jammed and noisy since I was a child, and has lost far too much of its woodlands and wetlands, in my opinion. The wide-open spaces of the Midwest beckon.
I hope everyone had a lovely holiday. Christmas was odd for me this year, with Mom sick and the family a bit hectic, but I survived.
I had a lovely dinner out with a friend last night. We dined at a fine restaurant in Millville, of all places! Winfield's is surprisingly chic and urban in decor, and they have quite a martini menu. I had a tartini, which was delicious, and included muddled raspberries in the mix. I also had a nice glass of merlot with my steak au poivre (one of the specials last night), and (the ladies will appreciate this) I had creme brulee for dessert.
Well, time to gear up for the New Year. Here's to a spectacular 2007 for all!