Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Movin' On

So today was my day to start packing at work. I pretty much have to finish packing tomorrow, since I'm moving my stuff on Thursday. It might mean staying a little bit late tomorrow, but it's worth it.

While I have mixed feelings about the change I'm making, I know that I'm doing the right thing. There is more good than bad involved, overall.

Just a quick recap: I'm making a lateral move at work. The new position will require me to commute quite a bit farther each day. The type of caseload I have now is being eliminated, so a change of some kind was inevitable.

I think I'm going to like my new responsibilities, and I think I'm better suited to them. I like things that have a beginning, a middle and an end. This will be the case now, and it most definitely has not been the case in the past!

I've been based in a satellite office for most of my career. For the last 5 years, my field office situation has been tumultuous for a variety of reasons. Plus, I've had to do all of my own typing, mailing (including going to the post office), and filing. I'm looking forward to having clerical support again, and I'm looking forward to seeing friends like Pax, Zelda and The Mommanator almost every day. And I'm going to have my own cubicle! Yay! They're like gold in our main office, and some folks have to share.

The office is located in an area with good access to shopping and dining. The new location will be even better, just a few minutes from a mall, a WalMart, a Target (Yay, Target, love Target!) and several shopping centers. There is a movie theater nearby, for chick flicks with the girls after work from time to time. AND (fancy drumroll here) there will be numerous places to go for a good haircut/color! That is NOT the case where my office is now, or where I live, for that matter.

Once I get through the changeover, I get to walk on the sunnyside for awhile. Believe it or not, I LIKE January! I don't mind the cold weather too much, and I like the snow (though not driving in it - yuk). I like the cozy nights, and not having any yard work to do. And I love Valentine's Day in February. There are lots of good things to look forward to in the New Year.

To quote Martha Stewart, "It's a good thing."

2 comments:

Virginia Gal said...

Congrad's on the new move and single cubicle (they are quite precious).

I'm glad to hear you sounding so upbeat about January (my birthday month)...most people can't stand the cold bleary month.

Merci said...

I like the clean slate of the new year. I like the quiet of January.

Happy Birthday a bit early! Hope it's wonderful!