Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Oy

Alphabetizing, boxing files, and moving the boxed files around. That was my day today. And all I can say right now is oy. More of the same on tap for tomorrow. Someday we'll move into the 20th century (yes, I know this is the 21st) and find streamlined ways to do things.

It was about 400 degrees in my office today, even with the window open. They like to blast the heat when the temps outside are moderate, so they can cut it back when the freeze sets in. And people wonder what happens to their tax dollars!

I have paper cuts on my hands and 3 inches up my arms, and my hands have never felt so dry.

I have renewed respect for file clerks today.

1 comment:

Virginia Gal said...

Yeah - how do file clerks do it? Everytime I have to do massive filing, I come away with at least two papercuts. Do they wear gloves, you think?